I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Monday, November 29, 2010

Let's make a pact to change the world. That sounds like a tall order, doesn't it? But here's the scoop on how we'll do it: we will made this the number one, top-of-the-list prayer request, and act accordingly as we are led. And here is what we'll pray:

"Finally, brethren, pray for us that the word of the Lord will spread rapidly and be glorified, just as it did also with you" (2 Thessalonians 3:1).

In a nutshell, the prayer request is that the word of the Lord will spread (run) rapidly and be glorified (honored). That's it; short and sweet. You and I will make a prayer pact to daily pray that the word of the Lord will run rapidly and be embraced and honored by many people. And then we'll be available to be used as the Lord sees fits to answer this prayer.

Several months ago the Lord placed a burden on my heart for this 2 Thessalonians 3:1 prayer request. I don't recall the circumstances, but I just know that He impressed it upon me enough that I wrote it down on my daily prayer list. And so I've been praying, and I find it to be consistent with other prayer priorities, such as "Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10)

It's been exciting to see doors of opportunity opened as I've prayed this prayer. There have been more spiritual conversations with people; increased opportunities to write and share. And I've noticed more receptivity by people within my sphere of influence. The word of the Lord is running and being honored!

Now, this "word of the Lord" isn't just a generic phrase for the Bible in general. It's the "word of the kingdom" in the Parable of the Sower (Matthew 13:19). It's the "gospel of God" (Mark 1:14-15; also, Luke 9:2,6). So, when we pray for "the word of the Lord" to run rapidly and be honored, it's important that we be specific in what that "word" is. We're praying for a very specific message to go forth and be embraced.

So, let's make a prayer pact to change the world according to the pattern of 2 Thessalonians 3:1. I would be especially blessed to hear from you concerning your involvement with this important request; just a short email to say, "praying 2 Thessalonians 3:1."

Expecting great things through united prayer,

Steve

© 2010, Steve Taylor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home