I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

October 19, 2016

Honestly, is the return of Christ a passive thought for you, or an eager expectation? Are you living this day as though it could be THAT day? 

"Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him." (Hebrews 9.28) 

He came over two thousand years ago to pay the price for sin, and He is coming again to reward His faithful people who "eagerly await Him." 

I've been a "Second Coming person" for as long as I can remember, but the idea of eagerly awaiting Him intrigues me with renewed passion. I often dream that the present day would be the day of His return, but I wonder how much I truly eagerly anticipate it? To do so presupposes that important kingdom work is done and ready. I've shared the gospel truth with those I'm burdened for. I've taken lifestyle seriously. I've confessed known sin. I've been diligent with the most important priorities. 

Whether from the perspective of His actual return, or my own mortality, this day really could be THAT day. As such, it challenges me - and you - to live this day fully and faithfully in eager anticipation. 


Steve
©Steve Taylor, 2016
Be sure to also visit http://thetruthrevolution.wordpress.com/  

Amazon ebook & print devotional http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FQ1Q9GW
paperback print copy
https://www.createspace.com/4500045

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home