I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

October 18, 2016

Availability matters more than ability. Limitations of age, health, location, and time are overridden by a willingness to be available. 

"Then I said, 'Alas, Lord God! Behold, I do not know how to speak, Because I am a youth. But the Lord said to me, 'Do not say, 'I am a youth,' Because everywhere I send you, you shall go, And all that I command you, you shall speak." (Jeremiah 1.6-7).

In Jeremiah's case, the limitation of speech and age were not a hindrance in Yahweh God's eyes. To be available to go and speak as He directed was more important.

Nothing is easier than making excuses to not be involved in the work of the LORD. Time and energy constraints, family responsibilities, financial limitations - these all can easily be reasons to defer the LORD'S work to someone else. But, if He has clearly called you to a certain place and work, He will certainly provide you with the words and resources.

It's a dangerous prayer, but a truly 
worthwhile one to pray: "LORD, I want to be available to You today to go where you want me to go, to do what You want me to do, and to say what You want me to say." 

If you are willing, dare to pray it. And, stand ready for Him to direct. Today could be the adventure of a lifetime!


Steve
©Steve Taylor, 2016
Be sure to also visit http://thetruthrevolution.wordpress.com/  

Amazon ebook & print devotional http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FQ1Q9GW
paperback print copy
https://www.createspace.com/4500045

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home