I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

September 14, 2016

I have a friend who easily starts conversations with strangers that then leads to gospel sharing. I admire and respect that, but such things don't come easily for me. The fear factor usually paralyzes me before I can speak. Apparently someone else had a similar experience: "I was with you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling" (1 Corinthians 2.3)

Lest we think the 
apostle Paul was simply being modest in saying this, consider this: "the Lord said to Paul in the night by a vision, 'Do not be afraid any longer, but go on speaking and do not be silent; for I am with you, and no man will attack you in order to harm you, for I have many people in this city.' " (Acts 18.9-10) Apparently Paul was fearful enough that a direct message from Jesus was needed to move him to continue speaking gospel truth.

Perhaps it's not a bad place to be when we are fearful and weak. It is then that "power is perfected in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12.9), and we can be a "demonstration of the Spirit and of power." (1 Corinthians 2.4) He who mightily enables us gets the glory in our weakness and fear, instead of us. 


Hopefully each of us will get a golden gospel (Acts 8.12) opportunity today. And, when the fear factor threatens to shut us down, may we humbly pray for His words and strength, for His glory and honor.  


Steve
©Steve Taylor, 2016
Be sure to also visit http://thetruthrevolution.wordpress.com/  

Amazon ebook & print devotional http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FQ1Q9GW
paperback print copy
https://www.createspace.com/4500045

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home