I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Monday, June 11, 2012

There is no getting around aging. In spite of the proliferation of beauty and anti-aging products, none truly work. Sure, they might provide a temporary reprieve but, inevitably, age had its effect on us all. Everyone except ...

"Even to your old age I will be the same" (Isaiah 46.4)

Thankfully, the one true constant is the Ageless One, and He is not only there; it is He who ultimately cares for us.

"You who have been borne by Me from birth And have been carried from the womb; Even to your old age I will be the same, And even to your graying years I will bear you! I have done it, and I will carry you; And I will bear you and I will deliver you." (Isaiah 46.3-4)

From cradle to grave, the people of God are carried and delivered by their faithful God. Such knowledge should invoke the greatest of awe and appreciation.

"To whom would you liken Me And make Me equal and compare Me, That we would be alike? ... For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying, 'My purpose will be established, And I will accomplish all My good pleasure' ... Truly I have spoken; truly I will bring it to pass. I have planned it, surely I will do it." (Isaiah 46.5, 9, 10, 11)

We serve an Incomparable God, Who alone is worthy of praise and admiration. No other god knows the end from the beginning, as does our Father. None other speaks of what He will do, and truly does it. Such is God our Father.

For all that He has done for us, there is so little that our Father truly asks of us. But, what He desires should be our great desire. To know that He is incomparable. To know that He is changeless, and our true caregiver from cradle to grave. To acknowledge that He alone knows the end from the beginning. To know that what He decrees He is faithful to do.

This day will be a completely ordinary day, devoid of true meaning, unless we devote time and energy to considering the greatness of the God Who made us. Don't let this day pass without pausing to ponder your amazing Father.

Steve
©Steve Taylor, 2011

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home