I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Who hasn't cried out to God amidst despair? Never is prayer more real and intense than when we cry out in the agony of our human suffering. And, we can appreciate the honesty of of others who have prayed similarly. Consider:

"Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am pining away; Heal me, O LORD, for my bones are dismayed. And my soul is greatly dismayed; But You, O LORD -how long? ... I am weary with my sighing; Every night I make my bed swim, I dissolve my couch with my tears. My eye has wasted away with grief" (Psalm 6:2-3,6-7)

The raw agony and pain expressed in this prayer leap from the pages of Scripture and into our hearts and minds. If not now, at least in the past, we have been kindred spirits. Serious illness, loss of a loved one, bitter disappointment - each of us have been touched by life's pain. But, is our consolation in commiserating with those who have similar experiences? Thankfully not. For the Psalmist, despair - as raw and real as it was - was not the ultimate reality. Eyes of faith and hope saw the eventual deliverance and triumph:

"For the LORD has heard the voice of my weeping. The LORD has heard my supplication, The LORD receives my prayer. All my enemies will be ashamed and greatly dismayed; They shall turn back, they will suddenly be ashamed." (Psalm 6:8-10)

God has heard, and He will act. If this is a season of trouble for you, know that this is true. The silence, as has been said, may be deafening, but His silence is not neglect. And, He will ultimately act. Not necessarily as we wish or think, but as He wisely determines. 

God's specialty is of repairing that which is broken. His kingdom project is ultimately that of restoring a broken world to its original perfection (Acts 3:21). Along the way, His plan is to repair broken people. Be assured His knows and hears, and is on track to ultimately restore you through resurrection and immortality in the coming age. May you experience a portion of that restoration power today.

Steve
©Steve Taylor, 2012

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home