I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

WHO I AM is sufficient for every "who am I?" Sound confusing? Let's clarify.

Moses is one of the legendary leaders listed in the pages of the Bible. The secret to his greatness was ultimately his willingness to respond to and cooperate with the call of God. His initial reluctance, however, almost overshadowed his eventual obedience.

"The LORD said, 'I have surely seen the affliction of My people who are in Egypt, and have given heed to their cry because of their taskmasters, for I am aware of their sufferings. So I have come down to deliver them from the power of the Egyptians, and to bring them up from that land to a good and spacious land, to a land flowing with milk and honey ... Therefore, come now, and I will send you to Pharaoh, so that you may bring My people, the sons of Israel, out of Egypt.' But Moses said to God, 'Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the sons of Israel out of Egypt?'" (Exodus 3:7-8,10-11)

Moses' concern was for himself: "Who am I, that I should go ...?" That concern was ultimately met by this great declaration from Yahweh God: "I AM WHO I AM " (Exodus 3:14). Moses' "who am I?" concern was met with the ultimate reality of "WHO I AM".

What are the concerns you face today? Are you feeling inadequate in light of the tasks and challenges before you? Like Moses, is your focus on, "who am I?"  As with Moses, your personal concern is met with the confident declaration from your Father, the "WHO I AM". 

This side of the kingdom, we'll never be able to wrap our minds around the most profound truth of the ages: that our God is the I AM; the self-existing One. All of life, for us, is determined by fixed points in time that are beginnings and endings. All that is began at some point, and will eventually end. Except for our Creator. Simply, He IS. And He is abundantly sufficient for our every, "who am I?" 

May your most searching questions be fully answered today by the "WHO I AM".

Steve
©Steve Taylor, 2012

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home