I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Monday, May 21, 2012

Is anybody listening these days? The noise and commotion of our modern lifestyle is a major deterrent to the fine art of truly listening. Paid professional counselors seem like the only ones who will really listen to us; but then, that's their job. And yet, we are not without an attentive, listening ear:

"I love the LORD, because He hears My voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live." (Psalm 116:1-2)

The Psalmist recounts for us God's deliverance in life-threatening circumstances. God's attentiveness and deliverance were unmistakeable; ample evidence for a lifetime of trust and faith. 

Carefully recounting God's specific acts of help and deliverance are vitally important in our own lives. These serve as basis for a lifetime of thankfulness, and the calm assurance that God is always there, and hears.

One of the great gifts we can offer to someone is that of attentive listening, and unqualified acceptance. This is one of the great gifts our Father offers to us. As such, our response ought to be the same as that of the Psalmist: "What shall I render to the LORD For all His benefits toward me?" (Psalm 116:12) 

In grateful appreciation to my ever-listening Father, what is my reasonable response to Him? Each of our responses may differ, but nothing can be more important than considering this question. What is your response to it today?

Steve
©Steve Taylor, 2012

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home