I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

June 13, 2017

Committed to one another.  "Do not urge me to leave you or turn back from following you; for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God." (Ruth 1.16) 

This was the commitment a daughter-in-law made to her mother-in-law, but it summarizes well the commitment brothers and sisters in Christ ought to have to each other. I will not separate from you, no matter what happens. I will pursue the same high priorities with you. I will dwell in the household of faith with you. We will be committed to the people of God. Yahweh God will be our God. 

Unfortunately, this is a rare commitment these days. We live in the age of disposable relationships. Friendships and  marriages are easily jettisoned when they don't work well. If church relationships don't work well, we dispose of them too and "church shop" for one that works better. But, such flippant attitudes are foreign to a consistent Bible theme. The people of God stay in it together, through thick or thin. We regard one another as more important than ourselves (Philippians 2.3). We live and love sacrificially for one another.

We're  in this together, because our Father and His Son are in it together with us, forever. May our bond with one another be ever strong, and a compelling witness to a world marked by casual commitment.


Steve
©Steve Taylor, 2017
Be sure to also visit http://thetruthrevolution.wordpress.com/  

Amazon ebook & print devotional http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FQ1Q9GW
paperback print copy
https://www.createspace.com/4500045

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home