I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

May 17, 2017

There is a so-called road paved with good intentions, and we all have participated in the paving process. My more recent contribution has been the book I started writing but never quite seem to get around to working on. For you it might be that good deed you are planning to do for your neighbor. Or the special day you've been planning for your spouse and family. Or maybe that area of service in your local church you're planning to step up to. 

"For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want." (Romans 7.19) Not only do we so often fail to follow through on good intentions, we sometimes find ourselves involved in the very activities we loathe. What a dilemma! And it will always be a dilemma except for divine intervention. "Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!" (Romans 7.24-25) 

Trying harder through personal determination will never break the cycle. But, thanks be to God, who breaks the cycle through Jesus Christ! The inside job He does in out lives through Holy Spirit is the only solution to this frustrating cycle. So, rather than trying harder, yield more. Surrender your inconsistencies and inabilities to the God who will accomplish in you what you can never accomplish yourself. Good intentions can indeed become good action, through God and His Son.

Steve
©Steve Taylor, 2016
Be sure to also visit http://thetruthrevolution.wordpress.com/  

Amazon ebook & print devotional http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FQ1Q9GW
paperback print copy
https://www.createspace.com/4500045

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home