I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

April 5, 2017

World peace. It's been the elusive dream of many since the great wars of the twentieth century. But, present reality reveals it to be exactly that: an elusive dream. 

The follower of Christ, however, enjoys the reality of peace evasive to the world. "
Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful." (John 14.27)

An inner peace is promised by our Messiah Jesus. Even if world peace could be realized (which it cannot), it would not be comparable to the inner peace Christ gives. His peace is based on the dynamic inner presence of Holy Spirit. "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you." (John 14.27) 

The source of our inner peace is this instructing force within, reminding us of all Jesus has taught. As we grow in this knowledge and understanding, which translates into a Christ-honoring, God-honoring lifestyle, our inner peace grows. 

I'll be the first to admit that my life is not always perfectly peaceful. I sometimes choose to override the Spirit's inner work by being preoccupied with anxiety-inducing thoughts. Peace is evasive by my choice, not Christ's. My sinful, rebellious thinking robs me of what I truly want - and Christ wants for me. 

There was a period of time several years ago when anxiety nearly overwhelmed me. During those dark days, the truth of John 14.26-27 became very real to me. I physically and mentally experienced that peace that only Christ could give through Holy Spirit. 

If your life today is marked by anxiety and stress, may the precious truth of Christ's peace overwhelm these and leave you rejoicing instead.


Steve
©Steve Taylor, 2016
Be sure to also visit http://thetruthrevolution.wordpress.com/  

Amazon ebook & print devotional http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FQ1Q9GW
paperback print copy
https://www.createspace.com/4500045

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home