I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

We all need something to shout about, and we've got it: "Shout joyfully to God, all the earth; Sing the glory of His name; Make His praise glorious." (Psalm 66:1-2) Psalm 66 provides us with plenty of shouting material for the God who deserves the highest praise from every living creature. For years, I failed to see that the God who deserves shouting and glorious praise has a name that should be celebrated and sung about - "sing the glory of His name". With reverence and respect, but with clarity, Yahweh God is the focus of our praise.

Heartfelt praise results when we draw near to Him and consider what He has done - "Come and see the works of God, Who is awesome in His deeds toward the sons of men." (Psalm 66:5) Ponder that amazing phrase: "Who is awesome in His deeds toward the sons of men." Is He not actively and intensely involved in the lives of all His children? Indeed! And so there is not one of us who does not have ample reason for praise and thanksgiving.

Personal problems will always be center stage in our lives if we fail to focus on the praise of Yahweh God. Psalm 66 leads us wonderfully away from personal fixation to the vast arena of praise to the One who is ultimately deserving.

I was personally reminded in a fresh way today that my praise will always be imperfect and inadequate unless I learn from the One who reveals the Father to me. Jesus' great statement in John 14:6 is such an important guide: "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." Often I attempt to come to the throne of God and bypass my Mediator, and such efforts are futile. Only my King can truly bring me to my Father. And, unless I learn of the Father through Him, I'll never really know Yahweh God, to Whom I should make "His praise glorious".

Pause today and consider the great praise guide of Psalm 66. Let these powerful words move you away from self to serving up praise to Him who is worthy. Make His praise glorious.

Steve
©Steve Taylor, 2011

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home