I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I remember hearing an elderly saint pray, "Lord, if it be your will, save me in Your kingdom". This prayer was prayed with the utmost sincerity and humility, but what I found troubling was the uncertainty this godly woman had concerning her prospect of entering the coming kingdom of God.

There is a danger in believing once saved, always saved, in that it can easily lead to a life of spiritual neglect. But, the uncertainty of hope in the coming kingdom is crippling personally and in one's outreach.

Parents and children experience daily changes in their interaction with each other. But, relationship is never in question. Regardless of how strained communication and emotions may be, the relationship is a constant. And so it is with our heavenly Father.

"If his sons forsake My law And do not walk in My judgments, If they violate My statutes And do not keep My commandments, Then I will punish their transgression with the rod And their iniquity with stripes. But I will not break off My lovingkindness from him, Nor deal falsely in My faithfulness. My covenant I will not violate, Nor will I alter the utterance of My lips." (Psalm 89:30-34)

God established a solemn covenant with David and his descendants. Those who violated His commandments would be punished, but God promised, "I will not break off My lovingkindness from him, Nor deal falsely in My faithfulness. My covenant I will not violate, Nor will I alter the utterance of My lips." What God promises, He keeps.

We are reminded succinctly and powerfully that "there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." (Romans 8:1). Disobedience and sin will always be a factor in day-to-day intimacy with the Father, but the covenant remains except in the most extreme circumstances (Hebrews 10:26-27).

Live confidently today in God's grace and covenant. Deal decisively will sinful habits and thoughts, but never question His covenant of life with you. It IS His will that you be in His coming kingdom, and He has adopted all who come by faith through His Son, Jesus. Savor grace, and be a conduit for it to others.

Steve
©Steve Taylor, 2011

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home