I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Good morning -

You would likely be skeptical if I started today's thoughts with these words: "And the word of the LORD came to me saying" (Ezekiel 25:1). Too many would-be prophets have stood up in our time with a "word from the Lord" and have proven to be anything but genuine. Their "word from the Lord" has been personally beneficial; usually financially.

I've long been intrigued by God's direct communication with the prophets. How exactly did He speak? How did the prophets know it was Him? What were they doing at the time? And, even more intriguing: does He communicate today as He did then?

I'll go on record as stating that if He's communicating verbally today I'm not on the receiving end. My yearning for a verbal word has mostly been met with silence, although I did have one instance when I believe I heard Him speak my name. And yet I am convinced that I have received a word from the Lord. In fact, after reading Ezekiel's depressing words of judgment and sensing that I had nothing to write today, I felt a strong inner prompting to write about Ezekiel 25:1. The word of the Lord came to me about the word of the Lord coming to us.

God's word has always been there. We're reminded in John 1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God." (John 1:1-2). We're later told, "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us" (John 1:14). God has fully expressed Himself through His Son, Jesus, in whom we have a living, vital relationship. In Jesus we literally have God's Word to us.

The Christian faith degenerates into dead religion if there is not the slightest possibility of real, living communication between ourselves and our Creator. Through Jesus that communication link is established. Jesus has "uplinked" us to the Father through the dynamic Holy Spirit and the possibility for His written and verbal word to speak to us has become very real. Just knowing that the desire of our Father is to reveal His word to us adds an exciting dimension to our daily existence. It's not a matter of "if" but "when" and "how".

Communication only takes place when a message is heard. We're bombarded daily by a whole spectrum of electronic communications at various frequencies but we only hear and see through proper equipment that is turned on and tuned in.

Our Father is actively seeking to communicate with us through Jesus our Lord. The challenge is for us to listen.

"So we have the prophetic word made more sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts.' (2 Peter 1:19). The light truly turns on within as we attune ourselves to hear the Lord's message to us.

Seeking to be tuned in and turned on to today's messages,

Pastor Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home