I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

October 13, 2015

There’s a place for you. It’s by invitation only, but you’ve got an invitation. “Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.” (John 14.1-3)

God’s got a big house, with lots of rooms, and there is one for you. Since He left the earthly scene, Jesus has been busy preparing a place for those responsive to His call. This much is clear, but there is considerable confusion beyond this. It’s commonly considered that this house is high in heaven, and that’s where we’re headed one day. Old-time gospel music, with mention of flying away, and longing for my heavenly home, has long promoted this notion of living in a room in a mansion in heaven someday.

A key clarifying statement by Jesus is, “I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.” That’s my goal: to be where Jesus is. If He is going to be in heaven, then that’s where I want to be too. But, I don’t want to be there if He isn’t. And, there is strong biblical evidence indicating His ultimate destination is planet earth. He is coming back to earth (Acts 1.11), and not just to snatch up His church and whisk it away to heaven. He is planning on at least a one-thousand year stay (i.e., Revelation 20.6) to set a wrong world right. And He plans to use us, His church, to get the job done. 

He is preparing a place for us in His Father’s house. That house is the family of God, and it’s going to take up long-term residence on planet earth. It’s here partially through the church, and will be here fully in the kingdom of God; beginning the moment His feet touch the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem (Zechariah 14.4). 

So, let’s savor our place in His house, and hand out as many invitations as we can; while there is time. And, let’s get along with the rest of the family, because we’ve got a long future together. 

The testimonial of an old song is that, “I’m so glad I’m a part of the family of God.” I certainly am, and I trust you are as well. The most loving thing we can do in response to this indescribable privilege is appeal to others to become a part of it as well. May many hear of the kingdom (Mark 1.14,15), and respond to the king and His kingdom message through conversion (Acts 8.12)

Steve

©Steve Taylor, 2015
Be sure to also visit http://thetruthrevolution.wordpress.com/  

Amazon ebook & print devotional -http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FQ1Q9GW
paperback print copy of book — https://www.createspace.com/4500045

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home