I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

September 9, 2015

We would do well to listen. Not just casually hear what He has to say, but really listen and take it all to heart. 

“The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your countrymen, you shall listen to him … I will raise up a prophet from among their countrymen like you, and I will put My words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. It shall come about that whoever will not listen to My words which he shall speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him.” (Deuteronomy 18.15, 18-19)

Thousands of years ago, the prophet Moses declared that another prophet would come Whom we should carefully listen to. He would come from the Jewish people and nation, and would speak with the full authority of the Creator Father. Time and again, Jesus of Nazareth would defer to His Father by saying such things as, “I do nothing on My own initiative, but I speak these things as the Father taught Me.” (i.e., John 8.28) This repeated emphasis was completely consistent with what Moses, many years previous, had declared.

To truly listen is to take to heart, and take action. “Why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?" (Luke 6.46) A casual listener finds His words interesting, but a disciple takes action on what He says.

It’s lately been impressed on me that I’ve not been as good a listener as I could and should be. I have regularly been drawn to the question, “What do you need to say to me, and for me to be doing?” The answers may not be what I want to hear or do, but they must be asked without reserve.

What does the Prophet of God want to say to you today? Will you take the time to eagerly listen, with a willingness to do what He says? The times we live in necessitate that we hear and obey more than ever before, because the need is great, and the time is short. May we each devote ourselves today, and every day, to the full authority of His instruction.

Steve

©Steve Taylor, 2015
Be sure to also visit http://thetruthrevolution.wordpress.com/  

Amazon ebook & print devotional -http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FQ1Q9GW
paperback print copy of book — https://www.createspace.com/4500045

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home