I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Monday, December 08, 2014

December 8, 2014

I recently heard a man tell about his father and son business. He stated that his son would estimate a job, and sometimes he would be questioned by the potential client as to the veracity of the bid. In his words, “If my son says it will cost a certain amount and require a certain amount of time, then it is the same as if I had made that bid. He speaks fully for me.” And that’s exactly what we have in the person of Jesus: if He speaks it, He speaks it with the full authority of His Father.

“The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your countrymen, you shall listen to him … I will raise up a prophet from among their countrymen like you, and I will put My words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. It shall come about that whoever will not listen to My words which he shall speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him.” (Deuteronomy 18.15, 18-19)

A Moses-like prophet appeared in the person of Jesus of Nazareth. Time and again, he validated His credentials by deferring to His Father. He had been sent by Him, and did nothing that He did not hear or see from His Father. Never once did He claim personal authority; all that He did and said originated with His Father. Now, if Jesus is exactly who He claimed to be, failure to hear and heed His words is synonymous with direct disobedience to the Father. As such, “I Myself will require it of him.” Be sure that Father God will call for an accounting from those who disregard and disobey.

I’m thankful for the insightful and instructive words of Jesus. He clarifies what is otherwise unclear. And, in this age of the Spirit, His internal presence continually provides authoritative instruction for daily living. The word of God is made real and applicable by the Word of God.

“He who has seen Me has seen the Father” (John 14.9). The invisible Father can be seen In the face of the human Jesus. As with a father and son business, the Son has shown up with the full authority of His Father. We do well to listen carefully to Him. And, I pray that we each devote ourselves today, and every day, to the authority of His instruction.

Steve

©Steve Taylor, 2014
Be sure to also visit http://thetruthrevolution.wordpress.com/  

Amazon ebook & print devotional -http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FQ1Q9GW
paperback print copy of book — https://www.createspace.com/4500045

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home