I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

October 21, 2014

I’ve heard it said by older, wiser, spiritually minded people: “I don’t know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future”. In the final analysis, that’s what matters. The future appears uncertain and potentially menacing, but the One who holds it controls our destiny, and will not fail.

“But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD, I say, 'You are my God.' My times are in Your hand; Deliver me from the hand of my enemies and from those who persecute me. Make Your face to shine upon Your servant; Save me in Your lovingkindness.” (Palm 31.14-16)

In my thoughts and prayers, I am often drawn to the phrase, “My times are in Your hand”. It is a phrase that instills peace and confidence. Amidst the proliferation of ungodly legislation, the rise of vile evil forces, and general concerns about future well-being, I am reminded that all of my moments and days are under the jurisdiction of my supreme Father. He, and His Son, have always proven trustworthy, and will be our confidence in times ahead. Nothing in this age is worthy of trust and confidence, except for our eternal Father, and His matchless Son.

So often we are drawn to some present crisis or challenge, and beg for our Father’s immediate help - in the way we think He best ought to help. He always faithfully delivers but, more often than not, in ways different than we imagine. We presume according to our way and time, when His plan and time works far, far better.

Throughout the ages, men and women of faith have taken the long view of deliverance and help. Ultimate help and deliverance was focused, not in present circumstances, but in the perfect age to come. And that is how we must see it. If the Creator Father is indeed my God, then He has perfect oversight of the times of my life. He WILL deliver as He sees best, and WILL make His face “to shine upon Your servant”. 

If His help truly comes in the age to come, then this must be our focus today - and always. Our best energies ought to be invested where our greatest hope and help lies. And, we ought to do all we can to direct others to gain this same perspective. In other words, “Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven” (Matthew 6.10).

“My times are in Your hand”. May we trust Him to direct and deliver, as only He can.

Steve

©Steve Taylor, 2014
Be sure to also visit http://thetruthrevolution.wordpress.com/  

Amazon ebook & print devotional -http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FQ1Q9GW
paperback print copy of book — https://www.createspace.com/4500045

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home