I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

August 26, 2014

There is more power, potential, and possibilities available to us than we will likely ever realize. These are all wrapped up in an amazing discipline called prayer. Comfort, direction, motivation, intimacy, and earth-shaking power are all available from our Creator through this thing called prayer. Prayer is literally an open invitation from our Creator Father to experience Him and His incredible realm.

"Now while I was speaking and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God in behalf of the holy mountain of my God, while I was still speaking in prayer, then the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision previously, came to me in my extreme weariness about the time of the evening offering." (Daniel 9:20-21).

What resulted from Daniel’s prayer was an instant answer in the form of a vision of Seventy Weeks, a prophecy timeline that helps us understand God’s plan for the ages. Many students of the Bible have studied and contemplated the important meaning of this significant timeline, but a key point easily overlooked is that it came about in response to a fervent prayer. Which leads us to consider: what might result this day through the fervent prayers of God’s people? 

The first order of business that Jesus had for his first followers as He prepared to leave the earthly scene was for them to pray and wait for Spirit empowerment: “behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high." (Luke 28:49) These faithful followers devoted themselves to prayer for forty days leading up to the incredible events of the Day of Pentecost. The Church was born through the dedicated prayer of these people, which again presents us with some interesting and exciting implications: what does God desire to do through His people today as we devote ourselves to prayer?

We spend time with people we love. First and foremost, prayer is time spent with our great love - God our Father. Time spent together with the people of God we love, conversing with the God we love, is a blessing beyond measure. This shared experience draws us closer to the people we love as well as to our Creator Whom we love. And, in the process, His mighty power is unleashed to accomplish His Kingdom work. It’s truly a "win-win" situation.

Pondering these thoughts and possibilities stirs my heart this day. I want to be more of a person of prayer, and I want to spend more time together with believers who want to get serious about prayer. Perhaps this stirs your heart as well. And, if it does, how about we find ways to share together in heartfelt prayer?

In hope and expectation,

Steve

©Steve Taylor, 2014
Be sure to also visit http://thetruthrevolution.wordpress.com/  

Amazon ebook & print devotional -http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FQ1Q9GW
paperback print copy of book — https://www.createspace.com/4500045

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home