I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Monday, August 04, 2014

August 4, 2014

It’s been said that good is the enemy of the best. There are many good, productive pursuits and projects, but what’s the best? What’s more important than anything else; worthy of our greatest focus and energy? 

"You are to regard only the Lord of Hosts as holy. Only He should be feared; only He should be held in awe.” (Isaiah 8.11 Holman)

It’s been whimsically stated that our Father ought to be our steering wheel, not our spare tire. Rather than keeping Him in reserve for emergencies and crises, we need to make certain that He is first and foremost - guiding and steering our lives. More than that, the priority is for Him to be the ultimate love of our life. The first and greatest commandment is wholehearted love for Him (Matthew 22.36-37).

It is a basic but vitally important question to consider: just how important is my Father to me, and how much do I love him? Do I run to Him when crisis or trouble comes, and disregard Him when all is well? Or, do I pause often for moments of quiet, heartfelt conversation? Am I depending upon Him constantly, or presuming to direct and guide my life as I see best? These are questions that help determine the real answer as to the love and priority of our Father.

We make time for what’s most important. We can emphatically declare our love and allegiance, but the proof is in deliberate devotion and time together. Let’s each ask, and seriously consider today: How important is my Father to me really?

Steve

©Steve Taylor, 2014
Be sure to also visit http://thetruthrevolution.wordpress.com/  

Amazon ebook & print devotional -http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FQ1Q9GW
paperback print copy of book — https://www.createspace.com/4500045

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home