I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Monday, December 23, 2013

Monday musings

Although written many years ago, there is an uncanny parallel to our times and circumstances:

"Vindicate me, O God, and plead my case against an ungodly nation; O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man!" (Psalm 43.1)

The rapid erosion of morals and values in this land leaves Bible-based believers in an uncomfortable position, to say the least. Growing opposition to Judeo-Christian values emboldens godless voices to speak more forcefully against conservative Christians and their values. As such, our urgent plea and prayer is that of the Psalmist:

"O send out Your light and Your truth, let them lead me; Let them bring me to Your holy hill And to Your dwelling places. Then I will go to the altar of God, To God my exceeding joy; And upon the lyre I shall praise You, O God, my God. Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why are you disturbed within me?Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God." (Psalm 43.3-5)

Amidst the growing darkness of an evil and perverse nation is the urgent need for divine light and truth to lead the people of God. In the absence of this light and truth, the people of God are in perilous danger of accommodating and succumbing to the godless values that so permeate society today. This light and truth alone will guide us to uncompromising praise and worship, and will beat back the despair that we are easily prone to as we survey a decadent society.

The call to the people of God in these dark days is to let the candle of truth burn brightly in how we live and in what we say. While we will not all agree as to the contemporary response to all that is wrong in today's society, all of God's people can agree that nothing short of a wholehearted embrace of timeless biblical truth is the only true solution for all that is wrong. 

May we carry that candle into our dark world, and may God grant that the hearts of godless people still reserve a responsiveness to their Creator, while there is yet time.

Steve

©Steve Taylor, 2013
Be sure to also visit http://thetruthrevolution.wordpress.com/  

Amazon ebook devotional - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FQ1Q9GW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home