I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Wednesday, May 08, 2013

The wisest insight we can receive is to realize that our life really isn't ours to control. We might dare to think we are in control of our own destiny, but reality is, there is very little that we actually can control. 

"But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD, I say, 'You are my God.' My times are in Your hand" (Psalm 31.14-15)

Personally, that phrase, "My times are in Your hand", has taken on fresh meaning and perspective in recent times. I have a greater awareness of how quickly life can veer off in a radically different direction, and how little I can do to control those circumstances. Life in this age is nearly always in a precarious position, and it is only through our Father's grace and blessing that we have any sense of normalcy or security. And, even when normalcy and security quickly evaporate, our life and times are still in His hand.

Perhaps the sooner we realize how fickle and changeable life is, the sooner we develop more resolute trust and faith. So long as there is security and comfort in our lives, faith and trust will be minimized.

It seems that Jesus quoted a portion of Psalm thirty-one as He died on the cross: " Into Your hand I commit my spirit" (Psalm 31.5). The Psalmist's confidence in His Father was Jesus' confidence as He breathed His last. From cradle to grave, such can be our confidence.

"My times are in Your hand". Through seasons of adversity, prosperity, and everything in between, truly our times our in His hand. And, that which is securely in His hand can never be taken away. None is more powerful than our Father so as to take that which is in His hand. 

May we each find immense comfort and strength today in knowing and believing that our times are in His hand. Whatever our circumstances today, He knows and provides. 

©Steve Taylor, 2013

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home