I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

No one knows you better. From your unique smile and frown to your most private thoughts, He knows. There is not a single detail of your life that escapes His notice. He knows you better than you know you. And you will never be able to fully wrap your mind around these amazing truths.

"O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, And are intimately acquainted with all my ways. Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O LORD, You know it all. You have enclosed me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is too high, I cannot attain to it." (Psalm 139:1-6)

He who knows cannot be avoided. Men like Jonah vainly tried to flee from His presence, but it cannot be done. "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?" (Psalm 139:7) Physically and emotionally, it is not possible to be anywhere where He is not. He even has prenatal knowledge of us (verse 13).

The One who knows beyond our ability to understand is available to be known. His infinite knowledge is not critical and judgmental, but compassionate toward those who fear Him. He who knows you wants you to know Him. And, if He truly does know all and see all, doesn't it make sense to ask Him to reveal to you what He knows about you? "Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; And see if there be any hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way." (Psalm 139:23-24).

An old song declared, "the One who knows me best, loves me most". Indeed. Our Father does not use knowledge to leverage power over our weaknesses and failings. His vast knowledge moves Him to act compassionately toward us. Is it so much to ask that we take time from our schedule and lives to bask in the presence of this amazing One? Nothing could be more profitable this day - or any day.

Steve
©Steve Taylor, 2011

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home