I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Monday, November 21, 2011

"I will raise up a prophet from among their countrymen like you, and I will put My words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him." (Deuteronomy 18:18)

One of the most definitive statements about God's Son, the Christ, is this pronouncement uttered by Moses. He would be born of the Jews, and He would be given the very words of the LORD God to speak. You can take it to the bank: when Jesus speaks, He speaks with the full authority of God our Father.

I, for one, am extremely grateful to understand this great truth. The Jewish humanity of Jesus, coupled with His God-given authority, makes Him a believable Savior for me. He is human enough to be one of us, but uniquely authoritative as God's spokesman to be credible. This truth breathes life into a familiar New Testament verse - "For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (1 Timothy 2:5)

Is there anything we more desperately need than someone who understands our human nature, and brings to bear the authoritative word of God from that vantage point? As such, He is a victorious friend who helps me understand a perfect Father in ways I would not otherwise understand. He puts a visible face on the Invisible One, and brings the Father's full resources to bear on my human frailty. What a Savior!

This side of the kingdom, I'll probably not fully understand the relationship between My Father and My Savior. But, I know it is the closest possible relationship, and they want you and I united with them in this relationship ("that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me." John 17:21)

My simple desire and prayer today is that each of us might be in absolute awe and delight of the relationship we have with our Father, our Savior, and one another. May we find tremendous comfort and encouragement as we savor the privilege we enjoy.

Steve
©Steve Taylor, 2011

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home