I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Welland Canal in the Niagara Falls, Canada region has always been fascinating to me. Standing on an observation platform, one can see massive doors open and close as huge freighter ships enter a lock, and then a tremendous volume of water appears to effortlessly lift the mighty ship to the next level as it makes its way through the canal system. The massive lock doors in front of and behind the freighter ships are a fitting image of another set of protective gates.

"You have enclosed me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is too high, I cannot attain to it" (Psalm 139:5-6)

Our Creator Father carefully and faithfully watches over us, and especially protects us from the harm that we would approach in our journeys, as well as the harm that would ambush us from behind when we are unaware. He is the Protector and Defender who both goes before us and behind us.

Contrary to the opinion many have, He is not a detached and disinterested Father:

"O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, And are intimately acquainted with all my ways. Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O LORD, You know it all" (Psalm 139:1-4).

Your Father knows how long you will stand on your feet at work today, or how long you will sit at your desk. He knows every detail of you even though you may be separated by light-years from Him in His vast universe. He microscopically examines every step you will take this day, and He knows your every thought as you lie on the couch or in bed. He knows exactly what you will say before your utter a word. He is far more intimately involved in your life than you will ever know.

The Father's involvement in your life is a two-edged sword. He knows full well if your heart is sincere and your ways genuine, and He also knows if deceit and self-gratification are primary motives. No one "pulls the wool" over His eyes.

This intimately-involved Creator wants to draw those whose hearts, minds, and lives are selflessly devoted to Him into His great plan and purpose. His desire is well expressed through the words of His Son, the Lord Jesus, as He commanded His followers to "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age" (Matthew 28:19-20).

A peaceful revolution of the heart is underway to take back a damaged and evil world, and restore it to its rightful owner and people. The God Who is in all the details desires to restore His world and populate it with a people who intimately desire a similar knowledge of Him as He has of us.

May you hunger deeply for the One who knows you intimately and earnestly desires to involve you in His great revolution to restore His world to its original perfection.

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home