I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

You are the wisest person I know. Your response might be, "you've got me confused with someone else!", but no; I do mean you. Here's the basis for my comment:

"Evil men do not understand justice, But those who seek the LORD understand all things." (Proverbs 28:5)

None are wiser than those who seek the LORD Yahweh. Those who passionately seek the Creator are those who have assessed their own limited wisdom and resources and seek Him who is limitless in all ways. As the writer of Proverbs earlier said,

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

I've seen plenty of people who seemed to lack an "internal compass". They journey through life in anything but a straight line. They seem like a ping pong ball, bouncing from one bad decision and its consequences to another.

I'm far from the wisest person who has ever lived but somehow I learned early in life to trust my God rather than myself for guidance. I made a deliberate decision to place my life in His hands and let Him work out the details, and I'm convinced He has done a great job because I could never have planned the course that my life has taken.

There is much that I find confusing in life. Evil schemes. The motivation of the heart. Deception. But I find myself less perplexed by these things that I do not understand and more trusting of the One to whom I pray and ask to "deliver us from evil" (Matthew 6:13).

The commonality that you and I have is that we are seeking the wisdom that is from above as those who seek the LORD. We have weighed ourselves in the scales and found ourselves wanting and have turned to Him who alone possesses and gives all that we need.

None of us are immune to turning back to our own limited wisdom for life guidance, but each new day offers the opportunity to return again to fresh dependence upon the All-wise One. There is wisdom in knowing that we have unwisely chosen to take back the helm of our lives, and rescinding this unwise choice.

May those who are wise choose decisively today to firmly place their lives in His hands and trust Him for direction.

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home