I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Monday, March 09, 2009

I don't wanna grow up and hopefully never will. I'm not "anti-maturity"; just "pro-childhood".

"Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:3-4)

The danger of adulthood is that it potentially robs us of the uncomplicated, simplistic and pure childlike qualities that are essential to the kingdom of God. Age and experience easily instill cynicism, distrust, and rigidity - traits in opposition to necessary kingdom qualities.

Simple trust and teachability are essential childlike qualities. Living in constant awe and undying trust of our Creator Father and His Son, our Lord Jesus, characterize the child of God. A willingness to grow and learn are also indispensable qualities.

I've just returned from a life-changing adventure. Conversations and new-found friendships testify to the hand of God in ways unprecedented in my life. Today I reflect back on these experiences with the wonderment of a simple child. I see my Father in ways I have not previously seen, and sense His hand in places I could not have previously imagined. The simple truth that He has promised His kingdom with power is more real to me than ever before.

A child is constantly in need of his/her parents. This child of God sees far more clearly how much he needs His Father, and isn't ashamed to admit it.

Through simplistic searching of Scripture and honest, heart-felt prayer before the throne of the Father we retain necessary child-like qualities. It is here that we remain enrolled in the Kingdom school that we dare never graduate from.

May the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ today flood you with His presence and work and leave you standing in gape-jawed wonderment.

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home