I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's like standing on the edge of a beach and gazing out at the vast expanse of the ocean. That's the feeling I have when I get to the end of the Book of Revelation: I've come to the end of the Bible and I stand awe-struck looking out at the vast expanse of God's eternity.

Just as one is as close as possible to the ocean while standing on a beach, so we are never closer to the realization of all of God's promises then when we come to the end of Revelation. We are repeatedly reminded of this fact:

And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who heeds the words of the prophecy of this book." (Revelation 22:7)

And he said to me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near." (Revelation 22:10)

"Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done." (Revelation 22:12)

He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus." (Revelation 22:20)

Sobering as it is to consider, our limited, uncertain lives are like the beach that borders the ocean. We literally stand only a heartbeat away from the return of Christ and the fulfillment of the promises and plan of God. And we only have this brief moment to ponder and prepare for what God has prepared.

Revelation calls us away from the routine and ritual of life to stand and gaze at God's eternity. To gaze at the vastness and greatness of God's plan is to view life today from its perspective. And that, I think, is the most important purpose of this puzzling and sometimes troubling book of visions.

God's tomorrow is approaching much faster than we realize. We have this day to invest in that Day. Let's make it count. "The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen." (Revelation 22:21)

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home