I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Good morning -

We've all heard the saying, "I love it when a plan comes together". You and I are part of the most amazing plan of all that has come together. We were given a mission and a message before we were ever born:

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations ... everywhere I send you, you shall go, And all that I command you, you shall speak ... Behold, I have put My words in your mouth." (Jeremiah 1:5,7,9)

What God said to Jeremiah goes for us as well: He called us before we were born; set us apart for His work; has given us a heart for obedience; and has put His words in our mouths. It's all there; all we've got to do is appropriate it.

It's much too easy to think that the Lord calls us to do His work with our power and resources. I can tell you from personal experience that this is a recipe for disaster. His plan is designed to be executed with His power.

I'm coming to more fully appreciate the power and potential of the Spirit of God that has been placed in my life through Jesus my Lord. I'm learning that it "locks in on God" like a satellite dish locks in on a signal and communicates more effectively than my words ever could. That same Spirit nudges each of us into areas of involvement and service according to the great plan, and provides the means of obedience that our humanity naturally wants to resist. The Spirit within prompts the words and message that God would have us speak.

I am fully convinced that the greatest concentration of the activity of the Spirit of God centers around the main message of Jesus, the Kingdom of God. The Spirit of God within His people is prompting the message to be declared and demonstrated. I will dare to go so far as to say that any Christian activity or service that does not align itself with this great purpose and plan is not fully in line with the Spirit of God and does not enjoy the fullest blessing of the Lord.

There is no more important prayer that we can pray at the start of each day than, "Your kingdom come; Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven". That prayer calls the Spirit of God within us to align us with the great purpose and plan that we are called to participate in with the Lord, and invokes the powers of heaven to guide and prosper our work and our words. When those things happen we step into the realm of that which God has consecrated us for.

Appreciating the call and the work today,

Pastor Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home