I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

October 17, 2017

Like many men, I'm not one to ask for directions. I've stubbornly driven miles out of my way because of my refusal to do so. But, I'm hoping I'm not as stubborn about spiritual directions as I am with driving.

"Set up for yourself roadmarks, Place for yourself guideposts; Direct your mind to the highway, The way by which you went." (Jeremiah 31.21)

In essence, make certain to not take a spiritual detour. In moments of spiritual victory and progress, set markers and guideposts to remind you of them. Visualize the circumstances, your mindset, your priorities and activities at that time. It's a bit like leaving a trail of breadcrumbs as you walk into the forest, so you will find your way back again.

None of us are immune to spiritual detours. We travel the road of spiritual vitality, but we veer off on a side road that takes us away from that vitality. Prayer, Bible study, service, and Christian fellowship diminish the further we drive away from the highway of spiritual vitality. But, we can return if we've set markers and guideposts.

Today is a good day to assess the highway we're traveling. If we're on the right path, set markers to guide us back when we detour. If we're not on that highway, look for the guideposts to direct us back.

Real men (and women) really do ask for directions.


Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home