I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

August 22, 2017

The sooner we come to this great realization, the better. "I know that You can do all things, And that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted ... I have declared that which I did not understand,Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know." (Job 42.2-3)

There is the sin of presumptuousness. I presume that I know God, and that I speak on His behalf. Except that I don't know what I don't know, and run ahead with what I think I know. Job, through his legendary adversity, learned that Yahweh God is all powerful, and that His plans ultimately prevail. He learned that he had presumptuously spoken of things he did not truly know and understand.

Hopefully it does not take extreme tragedy and adversity to learn what Job learned. If we make it a regular habit to be still in His presence, meditate on His wonderful qualities, and listen to His still small voice, we will avoid the sin of presumptuousness.

We serve a God infinitely greater than the infinitesimally small knowledge we have of Him. The sooner we realize that, the better. And, the better able we are to humbly honor Him, serve Him, and represent Him to others. To Him be the glory!


Steve
©Steve Taylor, 2017
Be sure to also visit http://thetruthrevolution.wordpress.com/  

Amazon ebook & print devotional http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FQ1Q9GW
paperback print copy
https://www.createspace.com/4500045

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home