I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March 22, 2016

Nothing is more gratifying than talking with someone who truly understands. Rather than offering platitudes and idealistic theories, such people relate in encouraging and helpful ways. Such is our Savior, Jesus the Christ. 

"I am poured out like water, And all my bones are out of joint; My heart is like wax; It is melted within me. My strength is dried up like a potsherd, And my tongue cleaves to my jaws; And You lay me in the dust of death." (Psalm 22.14-15)

This prophetic Psalm well conveys the raw human experience of Jesus during the agony of the cross. He knew pain and suffering more than anyone. As such, He relates intimately to our human condition. He truly gets it, and us.

How encouraging and helpful to converse with One such as this! And, to know that He uniquely appropriates the exact help we need from the Father. None can help better than One who can truly relate. 

The most helpful and encouraging conversation we will have today is with this One who gets it and understands us. So, as an old gospel song admonishes, "have a little talk with Jesus." He hears, understands, and helps. And, what He prescribes is the work and activity to which He is committed: advancing the cause and work of the kingdom of God. The best help we can receive is to be enabled to become helpers for the greatest cause.

May your conversations today with King Jesus be real and helpful
.

Steve
©Steve Taylor, 2016
Be sure to also visit http://thetruthrevolution.wordpress.com/  

Amazon ebook & print devotional http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FQ1Q9GW
paperback print copy
https://www.createspace.com/4500045

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home