I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

June 10, 2015

What’s worth standing up for? When push comes to shove, what are your non-negotiables; that which you passionately believe and would never back down from? Hopefully we would be in strong agreement with this emphatic statement: “I am on trial for the hope and resurrection of the dead!” (Acts 23.6)

Few truths are as controversial and subject to ridicule as resurrection. The popular, traditional belief of the immortality of the soul renders resurrection null and void in the minds of those who believe it. And, most people generally believe this, whether they are Bible students and church-goers or not. Death really isn’t death if we have an immortal soul.

The older I get, and the more I contemplate my own mortality, the more I realize how desperate I am for the solution of resurrection. The aging process will inevitably one day exact the ultimate toll. A healthy lifestyle and medical science may prolong it, but will never prevent it. The outcome is absolutely, one hundred percent certain; no one has yet beat these impossible odds. So, death is an endless dirt nap unless resurrection is a real possibility. 

Faith could easily give way to cynicism if it weren’t for one notable exception to the endless cycle of death. The prototype, Jesus, “Christ the first fruits” (1 Corinthians 15.23), reminds me there is a way out, and that resurrection is indeed a fact and truth. 

Resurrection is one of my non-negotiables. I may be mocked, ridiculed, and even abused for more faith in this fact, but I choose to stand with Paul: “I am on trial for the hope and resurrection of the dead!” May resurrection hope by powerful incentive and encouragement today.

Steve

©Steve Taylor, 2015
Be sure to also visit http://thetruthrevolution.wordpress.com/  

Amazon ebook & print devotional -http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FQ1Q9GW
paperback print copy of book — https://www.createspace.com/4500045

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home