I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

February 17, 2015

When I was grade school age, I once forgot my lunch money on a Monday. I still recall my Dad making a special trip to my school to bring it. I wouldn’t have had hot lunches that week otherwise. Concern for my well-being was his motivation.

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!” (Matthew 7.7-11)

Imagine if my Dad drove to school and handed my teacher a rock for my lunch that week. Not only would my appetite have been less than satisfied, I likely would have questioned my Dad’s care and concern for me. Good parents don’t do such things. So, as Jesus reminds us, “If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!” We can be confident that, when we persistently ask, seek, and knock, our heavenly Father will abundantly provide the best for us.

Experience has taught me that I have often sought less than the best from my Father. Quite often, I’ve presumed my will was His, and my motives were unselfish. I look back and breathe a huge sigh of relief that He didn’t give what I asked for. In retrospect, I more clearly see that, had He done so, it would have been to my detriment and loss. Little wonder that the writer of Proverbs implores us to, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.” (Proverbs 3.5-6) 

Our Father has our best interests in mind. As such, why not ask for His wisdom and direction as you navigate through your day today? Rest in the confidence that His good for your life will prevail amidst all that happens this day, and every day.

Steve

©Steve Taylor, 2015
Be sure to also visit http://thetruthrevolution.wordpress.com/  

Amazon ebook & print devotional -http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FQ1Q9GW
paperback print copy of book — https://www.createspace.com/4500045

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home