I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April 22, 2014

We have every reason to be optimists in a pessimistic world. In spite of global warming, an uncertain economy, and world tension, we can be certain of a positive outcome.

“But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the LORD is a light for me. “ (Micah 7:7-8)

A life of faith is anything but a waste. We have the PRESENCE of the LORD in this age as we wait from the PROMISE of the LORD in the age to come. We “watch expectantly” for His strength in our time of need today, and for “the restoration of all things” (Acts 3.21) in the coming age. Both now and in the future, it is an imperative to “wait for the God of my salvation”. 

“Though I fall I will rise” is a statement with a double meaning. Though I fall because of sin and disobedience in this age, through repentance and restoration I will rise. But, more importantly, though I inevitably fall in death one day, I will rise in resurrection because of His promises. Either way, falling is not truly fatal for those in the LORD. As Paul could so confidently assert, "for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.” (Philippians 2.13) Whether now or in the age to come, God is working out His good pleasure in the lives of His people.

Present reality is that “I dwell in darkness”. But, the truly reality is that ”the LORD is a light for me.” His light allows us to see that the present darkness is not all that there is. Were that the true reality, we would be the ultimate pessimists. But, praise God, the light of the LORD dispels the shadows, and illuminates the bright age to come on a renewed earth! He has blessed us with true insight that makes sense of a life and world that otherwise seems like nonsense. 

We do well to “watch expectantly for the LORD” today. It’s easy enough to give Him passing thought and consideration, but the greatest priority is to stop, and focus fully on the One Who hears, and blesses those who diligently seek Him.

May you be abundantly blessed as you live in eager expectation today.

©Steve Taylor, 2014
Be sure to also visit http://thetruthrevolution.wordpress.com/  

Amazon ebook & print devotional -http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FQ1Q9GW
paperback print copy of book — https://www.createspace.com/4500045

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home