I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

It's a sure thing; better than money in the bank. It's as rock-solid reliable as the movement of the sun, moon, and stars. We would be foolish not to plan our lives around it.

"The word of the LORD came to Jeremiah: 'Thus says the LORD: If you can break my covenant with the day and my covenant with the night, so that day and night will not come at their appointed time, then also my covenant with David my servant may be broken, so that he shall not have a son to reign on his throne, and my covenant with the Levitical priests my ministers. As the host of heaven cannot be numbered and the sands of the sea cannot be measured, so I will multiply the offspring of David my servant, and the Levitical priests who minister to me.' " (Jeremiah 33.19-22)

Bottom line: God made a covenant with Israeli king David, and daily celestial movement reminds us that the covenant is irrevocable. As surely as the sun rose today, and the moon will rise tonight, so is the promise that David's descendant will rule on his throne. That promised heir to the throne is none other than Jesus, descendant of David (Luke 1.32-33)

If I were a betting man, I'd put it all on this promise. No matter the outcome of the next national or local election, this "election" is guaranteed. It's a done deal. We're just waiting for the "inauguration".

There are certain results and consequences of every election. Political parties and leaders proceed with their agendas, which impact citizens. Whether healthcare or tax reform, leaders in office affect the lives of citizens.

If it is a sure thing that Jesus is destined to sit on the throne of David, then wouldn't it be wise for you and I to plan our lives around this fact? Wouldn't we do well to cultivate repoire with this leader, and offer ourselves to be enlisted in His government? That's my priority today. I want to know the King, and be about the King's business (Matthew 6.33). Because, fact is, He WILL control the destiny of every citizen of the world - past, present, and future. I would rather face Him and the fact on pleasant terms rather than unpleasant ones.

I choose the government of God today. By lifestyle choices, I choose kingdom priorities today. And, I urge you to do the same. What is His agenda for our lives this day? We do well to ask that question, and have that conversation. It's the best choice we can make today.

Steve
©Steve Taylor, 2012

1 Comments:

  • At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Deanna S. Vaillancourt said…

    Good evening Pastor Steve,

    Thank you for sending your blogs to my e-mail. Ray Faircloth from U.K. started to forward them over to me. I wanted a daily devotional, but certainly something that was Monotheistic. So today's blog definitely comes at a time when the turmoil in the Middle East keeps arising. It is getting pretty scary out there right now. Certainly God's government is going to be way better than what we have now. And it won't come soon enough!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home