I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

The choice seems obvious. If the option is a blessing or a curse, it's a no-brainer.

"If you walk in My statutes and keep My commandments so as to carry them out, then I shall give you rains in their season ... I shall also grant peace in the land ... I shall also eliminate harmful beasts from the land ... you will chase your enemies ... I will turn toward you and make you fruitful and multiply you, and I will confirm My covenant with you ... Moreover, I will make My dwelling among you, and My soul will not reject you. I will also walk among you and be your God, and you shall be My people." (Leviticus 26:1-12)

The remaining verses in this chapter spell out in even greater detail the curse that God will bring upon His people if they choose disobedience rather than obedience. The bottom line is, His people have a choice to make.

That choice is clearly spelled out elsewhere: "I have set before you today life and prosperity, and death and adversity" (Deuteronomy 30:15). Also, "Thus says the LORD, "Behold, I set before you the way of life and the way of death." (Jeremiah 21:8).

The enemy's tactic is to make the choice less obvious. If the choice is clearly between life and death, what rational, intelligent creature wouldn't choose life? But, "the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God." (2 Corinthians 4:4).

The choice to be made is a mental one, but the evidence of the decision is in the living. It is much more than a tacit choice to admit that there is a Creator who is Father of all; it is a wholehearted decision to love and serve Him with every fiber of our being. (Matthew 22:36-40).

It would be far too simple if the choice was a one-time, once-for-all decision. The real challenge is in the fact that it is a day-to-day, moment-to-moment choice. The choice is to "present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship" (Romans 12:1). The "presenting" of our bodies is to be a continuous process, not a solitary choice.

The choice is obvious to those who have eyes to see. Life is far more desirable than death; a blessing than a curse. Your Father awaits your choice at this moment. It's a choice of the mind, but it's a choice verified in the course of action you choose this day.

Choose life and blessings.

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home