I CAN SEE IT NOW:

EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY -- Daily Bible Study Devotionals

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The ability comes with the need. God's task is never greater than His provision.

"You shall speak to all the skillful persons whom I have endowed with the spirit of wisdom, that they make Aaron's garments to consecrate him, that he may minister as priest to Me." ( Exodus 28:3 )

God enabled certain individuals to become "skillful persons" with His "spirit of wisdom" to create the priestly garments of Aaron. It's not clear if he took seamstresses and tailors and supernaturally equipped them, or if He took those with no experience and ability in these areas and equipped them. The important point is He equipped some to be "skillful persons" for the important detailed work to be done.

God is in the business of making "skillful persons". We may not feel all that skillful but we are - not of our own ability but His:

"In everything you were enriched in Him, in all speech and all knowledge" ( 1 Corinthians 1:5)

I suspect most of us have trouble wrapping our minds around this truth. We can easily list our inadequacies and shortcomings, but can we objectively elaborate on our sufficiency in Christ? Notice: "in everything you were enriched". That's all-inclusive. Each of us are fully competent in speech and knowledge. Sounds outrageous, huh?

I'm very aware of my own lack of biblical understanding. I often cringe when I hear recordings of sermons I've preached. I'm not a gifted orator or learned theologian, and yet I've been enriched in everything. If I'm lacking it's not because of God's supply but rather my unwillingness to tap into His vast internal supply within me.

I've lately been reading about agreements that we sometimes make with the father of lies. One of those agreements is in this area: "I don't know how to ..." or "I don't know enough to ...". Agreeing with one of the lies from the father of lies allows him a stronghold in our life. Rejecting the lie is essential in order for truth to transform us.

Perhaps 1 Corinthians 1:5 should be a fridge or bathroom mirror verse for us. In fact, make this a 30-day challenge: print out this verse, place it on the bathroom mirror or the fridge, and read it aloud at least once a day for 30 days. I'm confident that we'll feel much more like a "skillful person" after that time.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a verse to go print ...

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home